Marcadores sorológicos e genéticos da hanseníase em uma comunidade indígena no estado do Acre

Marcadores sorológicos e genéticos da hanseníase em uma comunidade indígena no estado do Acre

Author Teles, Stefanie Ferreira Autor UNIFESP Google Scholar
Advisor Gamba, Monica Antar Autor UNIFESP Google Scholar
Institution Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
Graduate program Enfermagem
Abstract Introduction: Leprosy, although presenting a decrease in the number of new cases since the introduction of polychemotherapy (MDT), remains endemic in countries such as India, Brazil, Indonesia, among others, persisting as a public health problem. In the indigenous population of Brazil the coefficient of detection of leprosy is in a situation of high endemicity. Purpose: To analyze the anti-PGL-I and anti-LID-I antibody titers by the anti-PGL-I ELISA and the NDO-LID lateral flow rapid test and compare with HLA alleles identified in the study population. Method: A cross-sectional, clinical study carried out in two indigenous villages, Barão and Ipiranga, in the municipality of Mâncio Lima, Acre. 10 ml blood was collected by venipuncture of the brachial vein, packed in a tube with ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid (EDTA) for the determination of anti-PGL-I IgM antibodies by the ELISA method, the NDO-LID lateral flow test and typing of the HLA class alleles I (A *, B * and C * loci) and II (loci DRB1 * and DQB1 *) by LabType ™ (One-Lambda-USA) technique. The frequency of the alleles was obtained by direct counting. Bivariate analyzes were performed using Pearson's Chi-square test and Fisher's exact test. The adjustment was performed using the binary logistic regression technique and the threshold for statistical significance was set at the alpha level of 5% (p <0.05). The results were presented in Odds Ratio with 95% confidence interval (95% CI). The degree of agreement between the techniques was evaluated by the Cohen Kappa Index. Results: The study evaluated a sample of 285 individuals, most of whom lived in the Barão village (54%), Puyanawa ethnic group (79%), male (51%), less than nine years old schooling (44%), with a family income of less than a minimum salarie wage (56%), young adults (48%), residing in houses with a wooden structure and masonry (52%) with more than 4 rooms (85%) and more than 4 residents per household 58%). Seropositivity was identified by the NDO-LID rapid test in 70 individuals (24.56%) and the PGL-I ELISA test in 30 individuals (10.53%). The concordance between NDO-LID and ELISA-PGL-I results showed a Kappa (Cohen) index of 0.39 indicating a regular and significant agreement. There was a positive association with a chance of seropositivity to antibodies to PGL-I of almost 4 times more for residents in the Ipiranga village than in the Barão. The most common HLA alleles were A * 02: 01 (59.6%), B * 40: 02 (32.1%), C * 04: 01 (26.8%), DRB1 * 16: 02 (45.4%), DQA1 * 05:05 (48.8%) and DQB1 * 03: 01 (68.9%), respectively. In the Barão village, a significant association was found between the NDO-LID1 positive test with the HLA-A * 02 and HLA-B * 53 alleles. In the Ipiranga village there was a significant association of the HLA-B * 15 allele with negative result for the NDO-LID1 test. In the typing of the HLA alleles of the population of the two villages, the HLA-B * 40 allele and HLA-C * 03 were associated with a positive serological response to aPGL-I. Conclusion: Extensive potential for subclinical infection as well as continuous contact with M.leprae. Residing in the Ipiranga village showed the likelihood of presence of aPGL-I seropositivity indicating a nearly 4-fold higher chance of having positive anti-PGL-I ELISA (OR: 3.7). On the genetic analysis, a strong link was found with the Terena lineage and the influence of the HLA class I and II molecules on seroconversion to the NDO-LID1 leprosy and PGL-1 ELISA leprosy tests.

Introdução: A hanseníase, embora apresente diminuição no número de casos novos desde a introdução da poliquimioterapia (PQT), permanece de forma endêmica em países como Índia, Brasil, Indonésia entre outros, persistindo como problema de saúde pública. Na população indígena do Brasil o coeficiente de detecção de hanseníase encontra-se em uma situação de alta endemicidade. Objetivo: Analisar os títulos de anticorpos anti- PGL-I e anti-LID-I por meio do ELISA anti-PGL-I e o teste rápido de fluxo lateral NDO-LID e comparar com alelos HLA identificados na população de estudo. Método: Estudo transversal com delineamento clínico epidemiológico realizado em duas aldeias indígenas, Barão e Ipiranga, no município de Mâncio Lima, Acre. Foram coletados 10 ml de sangue por venopunção da veia braquial, acondicionados em tubo com ácido etilenodiaminotetraacético (EDTA) para a determinação de anticorpos IgM anti-PGL-I pelo método ELISA, o teste de fluxo lateral NDO-LID e tipificação dos alelos HLA classe I (loci A*, B*e C*) e II (loci DRB1* e DQB1*) por técnica LabType™ (One-Lambda-USA). A frequência dos alelos foi obtida através da contagem direta. Foram realizadas análises bivariadas usando teste Qui-quadrado de Pearson e o teste exato de Fisher. O ajuste foi realizado utilizando a técnica de regressão logística binária e o limiar para significância estatística foi estabelecido no nível alfa de 5% (p < 0,05). Os resultados foram apresentados em Odds Ratio com intervalo de confiança de 95% (IC 95%). O grau de concordância entre as técnicas foi avaliado pelo índice Kappa de Cohen. Resultados: O estudo avaliou uma amostra de 285 indivíduos residentes na aldeia Barão (54%), da etnia Puyanawa (79%), do sexo masculino (51%), com menos de nove anos de escolaridade (44%), com renda familiar inferior a um salário mínimo (56%), adultos jovens (48%), residindo em casas com estrutura de madeira e alvenaria (52%) com mais de 4 cômodos (85%) e mais de 4 moradores por domicílio (58%). Identificou-se soropositividade pelo teste rápido NDO-LID em 70 indivíduos (24,56%), e ao teste ELISA PGL-I em 30 indivíduos (10,53%). A concordância entre os resultados dos testes NDO-LID e ELISA-PGL-I mostrou um índice Kappa (Cohen) de 0,39 apontando uma concordância regular e significativa. Houve associação positiva com chance de soropositividade a anticorpos aPGL-I de quase 4 vezes mais para os residentes na aldeia Ipiranga do que na do Barão. Os alelos HLA mais frequentes foram A*02:01(59.6%), B*40:02(32.1%), C*04:01(26.8%), DRB1*16:02(45,4%), DQA1*05:05(48,8%) e DQB1*03:01(68,9%), respectivamente. Nos residentes da aldeia Barão foi encontrada associação significativa entre o teste NDO-LID1 positivo com os alelos HLA-A*02 e HLA-B*53. Na aldeia Ipiranga houve associação significativa do alelo HLA-B*15 com resultado negativo para o teste NDO-LID1. Na tipificação dos alelos HLA da população das duas aldeias, o alelo HLA-B*40 e HLA-C*03 foram associados à resposta sorológica positiva ao aPGL-I. Conclusão: Alto potencial de infecção subclínica bem como o contato contínuo com o M.leprae. Residir na aldeia Ipiranga mostrou a probabilidade da presença para soropositividade aPGL-I apontando uma chance de quase 4 vezes maior de ter anti-PGL-I ELISA positivo (OR:3,7). Sobre a análise genética ficou evidenciado uma forte ligação com a linhagem dos índios Terena e a influência das moléculas HLA classe I e II na soroconversão aos testes para hanseníase NDO-LID1 e ELISA PGL-1.
Keywords Leprosy
South American Indians
Epidemiology
Serology
HLA Antigens
Nursing.
Hanseníase
Índios Sul-Americanos
Epidemiologia
Sorologia
Antígeno HLA
Enfermagem.
Language Portuguese
Date 2019-06-27
Research area Cuidado Em Enfermagem E Saúde Na Dimensão Coletiva (Cesdc)
Knowledge area Enfermagem, Cuidado E Saúde
Publisher Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP)
Extent 152 p.
Origin https://sucupira.capes.gov.br/sucupira/public/consultas/coleta/trabalhoConclusao/viewTrabalhoConclusao.jsf?popup=true&id_trabalho=7747972
Access rights Closed access
Type Thesis
URI https://repositorio.unifesp.br/handle/11600/59937

Show full item record




File

File Size Format View

There are no files associated with this item.

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Search


Browse

Statistics

My Account